Village Cafes - Your Parish Councillors
All notices placed on the village notice boards must comply with the following:- No larger than A5 No commercial “For Sale” notices advertising goods or services One poster should suffice for a number of events, e.g. Social Committee list of annual dates and events. Only local events in and around the Bride Valley Respect other relevant in-date notices on display Pin tidily – do not use staples. Notices not conforming with the above will be removed Whilst the above rules may appear somewhat rigid, it is done to avoid overcrowding and enable organisers of as many events as possible to display all their key information clearly.
At every Village Cafe (held on the third Saturday of each month), at least one of your parish councillors will be present to listen to any concerns you have, and indicate what course of action can be taken on legitimate concerns.
Potholes, poor drainage, flooding, dangerous trees, overgrown vegetation, damaged signs – you name it, we probably have it somewhere in the village. If you come across such problems, don't wait for someone else to report it – contact the relevant local authority department at Dorset for You:
Village Notice Boards – Rules of Engagement
Spot It – Report It
Please resist the temptation to “put the bins out early” until at least late afternoon on the day before collection. There have been several instances of late when bins have been left out days in advance cluttering up the village. Very often these early bins emanate from holiday lets and rental properties. Owners of these businesses are reminded that this recycling and rubbish must be removed by a commercial waste contractor. Failure to do so may leave the business owner liable to prosecution by the local authority if they are found to be using the domestic waste collection.
Recycling & Rubbish Bins – Jumping the Gun
A system for viewing and commenting on planning applications is provided on the Dorset for You website. Anyone wishing to use the facility will need to create a profile in order to submit comments on applications. This will also provide the opportunity to save searches and track applications as they go through the planning process. A User Guide detailing how to access the new system can be read HERE. Needless to say, it is both lengthy and detailed, although you do not have to be an IT expert to register and start using it. It will, however, take a little time to get used to.
Consultation on Local Services
Current Applications
Recent Decisions
As of April 2019, Dorset moved to a new unitary authority (with a separate authority to cover Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole). This means that the County Council and District and Borough Councils no longer exist. In anticipation of this change, the Dorset Association of Parish and Town Councils has asked parish and town councils for their views on which of the services listed below are essential, which are desirable, and which should not be provided by the public sector. Litton Cheney Parish Council would like to hear your views on this to ensure our response represents the views of villagers. Please email your observations to us at Thank you.
Allotments   Meals on wheels   Beaches and moorings   Minerals and quarries  -   planning   Bus shelters   Museum and arts   By - laws   Maintenance of public rights of way   Car parks   Parks and open spaces  -   sports grounds   Care and protection of children   Protecting and enhancing Dorset's environment   Care for elderly people   Public and community transport support   Care for people with a disability   Public conveniences   Cemeteries   Recycling   Coast protection   Re fuse collection   Community safety   Registration of births, marriages and deaths   Concessionary travel and public transport support   Road clearance  -   fly tipping   Conservation / listed buildings   Road safety   Council tax and business rate collection   Schools, s chool transport, adult education   Country parks and countryside management   Strategic planning for Dorset   Cycle routes   Street cleaning and litter   Electoral register   Street lighting and furniture   Emergency planning   Theatres   Environmental health -   pest co ntrol, dog fouling   Tourism   Estate management   Trading standards & consumer protection   Highways maintenance   Traffic management and transport planning   Housing and housing benefit   Tree protection   Industrial and crafts units   Village halls and community faci lities   Leisure centres and pools   Voluntary organisations  -   support   Libraries and archives   War memorials   Licensing  -   pubs, halls, entertainment, markets,  taxis   Water courses   Local economy support and development control   Waste disposal and recycling   Loc al planning, building and development control   Youth clubs   Local land charges and searches   Any additional services (please state)
Application ref: WD/D/19/001463 CHARITY FARM, MAIN STREET, DT2 9AP. Erection of 6 dwellings and conversion of redundant agricultural building to a dwelling - (with variation of conditions 4, 5 & 6 of planning permission WD/D/17/000758 to amend approved plans). Approved 8th June 2020
Application ref: WD/D/19/001427 and 1428 (listed building consent) 2 CHARITY FARM COTTAGES, DT2 9AP Erect single storey extensions and internal and external alterations. Deadline for comment 15 September 2019. Approved
Application ref: WD/D/19/001897 LAND EAST OF, 7-8 GARDEN CLOSE Demolition of double garage and erection of 1no. dwelling, garage block, access and parking. Refused.
Conclusion of Audit
LITTON CHENEY PARISH COUNCIL Notice of conclusion of audit Annual Governance & Accountability Return for the year ended 31 March 2019 Sections 20(2) and 25 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 Accounts and Audit Regulations 2015 (SI 2015/234)
The Annual Governance & Accountability Return is available for inspection online at or in person by any local government elector of the area of Litton Cheney Parish Council on application to: Mrs Maggie Walsh, Parish Clerk 4 Bath Orchard Bridport DT6 3FD Telephone 01308 281561 during office hours to arrange a time
The audit of accounts for Litton Cheney Parish Council for the year ended 31 March 2019 has been completed and the accounts have been published.
Copies are available to download free of charge from Paper copies will be provided to any person on payment of £0.35p plus current postage cost for each copy of the Annual Governance & Accountability Return.
Announcement made by: Maggie Walsh Date of announcement: 27 September 2019
Application ref: WD/D/20/000698 PARKS FARM, LITTON CHENEY, DORCHESTER, DT2 9AZ. Erection of cheese processing building and associated alteration to the car parking area including a minor modification to the southern boundary of the site. (Falls within Puncknowle Parish.) Deadline for comment 12 May 2020.
Applications ref WD/D/20/000562 and 561 BEECH HOUSE, HINES MEAD LANE, LITTON CHENEY, DT2 9AG - Internal alterations to include changing layout of shower room, form partitions to create two cupboards, remove electric boiler and replace with oil fired boiler and extend wet heating system to add radiators and installation of flue.
Village Information v
Local Amenities v
About Litton Cheney v
Parish Council v
Dorset Council v
Village Amenities v
a village in the Bride Valley Litton Cheney Dorset
Application ref: WD/D/20/001114 FISHING LAKE, CHARITY FARM, LITTON LANE Siting of a mobile home for seasonal occupation; Construction of hardcore access track for caravans and parking; Construction of small fish "stocking lake". Deadline for comments 20 July.